Modernisation of the Professional Qualifications Directive
Recently the Professional Qualifications Directive (PQD) has been modernised. During its 2014 AGM (11-12 April) in Brussels, EBVS focussed on the modernisation of the PQD and putting a Common Training Framework (CTF) in place.
Presentations on the PQD from three different perspectives were given as part of this meeting. Recordings of presentations from the perspective of the European commission, the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists and from the European Board of Veterinary Specialisation are available. You will need to use the password provided by email by EBVS to access the videos. If you have not already received a password please contact the EBVS secretariat at
To view the videos click here
Newsletter 9, Spring 2014 can be downloaded here.
Erratum: There is an error in the VetCEE article relating to the status of discussions with ECLAM. An erratum will be published in the 10th edition of the EBVS newsletter. The EBVS extends its apologies to VetCEE and ECLAM and hopes this misunderstanding can be resolved rapidly.
- Newsletter 8, Winter/Apring 2014 can be downloaded here
- Newsletter 7, Autumn 2013 can be downloaded here
- Newsletter 6, Spring 2013 can be downloaded here
- Newsletter 5, Fall 2012 can be downloaded here.
- Newsletter 4, Spring 2012 can be downloaded here.
- Newsletter 3, Fall 2011 can be downloaded here.
- Newsletter 2, Spring 2011 can be downloaded here.
- Newsletter 1, Spring 2010 can be downloaded Here.
- Recognition of European Veterinary Specialists in France ( article in French)
- 2009 FVE Specialisation survey of its members
- Les collèges européens sont méconnus en France (article in French)
- Depous dix ans, l'ECVS (European College of Veterinary Surgery) soutient l'art de la chirurgie vétérinaire in France. (article in French)